Monday, November 23, 2009

Process of creating a Luminair

I was experimenting with how light shined through paper. I really liked the texture of the construction paper that you can see when the light shines through it. I was also experimenting with projecting a pattern on a surface. Which in shown in the image bellow.

When I added another start peice the patter on the ceiling became more interesting.
I wanted to make my luminair larger in order for it to show gradation in the light. I discovered that bond paper had a very similar textur to the construction paper but it allowed me to make the scale of my lunimair larger because on the size on the bond paper.
As i was working with my base I decided to make it a cube. I left the back open so that you can switch the light on and off but the light was leaking out way too much so i eventually but a flap door on in.














No comments:

Post a Comment