Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The "Out of Body Experience"




As designers we have an obligation to understand how people utilize as well as interact within a space. Because we design spaces for people we must take into account how they will perceive a space, in order to do this designers must be able to view others from an external perspective, in other word they must be able to have an “out of body experience”.

In order to depict how people can be perceived in space I created my own “out of body experience”. Using a three dimensional model of my body I was able to position it in several contexts in which I could view how I might be perceived in a space. I was able to relate the model of my body to its surroundings and begin to visualize the scale and proportions of myself in a space and perceive how others would occupy the space as well. I also captured myself in a series of photographs in order to document my body, physically and digitally, in order to demonstrate how the human body relates to space as well as the components within it.


No comments:

Post a Comment