Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Magazine Composition: FIRST WEEK BACK

Layout from InStyle magazine



The magazine that i chose had a very simple layout. On one page it had the title and on the other was a fold out page. I chose this page because I thought it was different than most layouts because of the fold out page. This drawing represent my first week back at school.


  • Going to class- was a very big part of coming back o school, I had to adjust to my new schedule.

  • School supplies- I had to buy a ton of school supplies which ended up costing a lot of money.

  • Early morning- over the break I slept in a lot, waking up early was sort of difficult and I had to get back into my routine.

  • New studio space- everyone had to change desks in studio, I lost a really good desk but I am adjusting my my new space.

  • Park & ride- coming back to school means driving and parking all the way in park & ride.

4 comments:

  1. Kayla I really enjoyed your drawings. Your a really great artist, I thought it was funny that you included the dreadful alarm clock because I did too in my drawings. :)
    I liked you composition and the neatness in your drawings. I wish that you would have put up the magazine layout to see it as well.
    awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylita! Do i really even have to say how much I admire your drawing skills. Great use of color and good idea for the creative pop out!..SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unique! I like how you actually took this spread and made look like pop -up! I love the style of lettering that you used! It looks like it took time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea!
    And I especially admire the lettering. It really sticks out on the page.

    ReplyDelete