Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WEEK ONE [people+chair=drawing]

Nikki
Kathrin
Jenni
Casie
Cathryn
Sharon
Carly
Abigail


ME- Kayla


The first project of the semester required my studio mates and I to draw a full scale human and chair in order to depict how chairs relate to the human body. Everyone took very different approaches in order to show the ergonomics of the chair. Some were very technical and realistic while others took a much more artistic approach. Some people even drew Stoel while he painted the chair he designed.

As for my approach I wanted to depict a palimpsest of information. I wanted to draw and "naked woman sitting on a chair", I drew this with very this lines and shaded her in with white to create contrast and have her and the chair stand out the most. Extending from the woman I marked the radius of movement from her arms and legs. In the background I lightly drew a modular man with the standard dimensions of humans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment