Saturday, September 24, 2011

WEEK THREE [GroovyStuff Progress]







This is the first model of my GROOVYSTUFF design. My design has changed a lot from week one to now. I narrowed down my thoughts of what I wanted. I kept the idea of a solid top piece of the table made up of several blocks of wood. I started thinking about how to connect the wood slab to something, I ended up going with a pieve of iron.
As I was thinking about how the iron and wood would join I was thinking about how I wanted the iron to "hug" the wood which is what the corner detail eveolved from. i edcided to have curls on the botton as feet for the table to have contract between the sware top and I was also keeping in mind that the iron is from a tire rim which is already curved and i wanted the emphaside that. I added to the smaller hoops between the legs in order to provide a way to keep allthe legs solic and in place making it more stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment